Hi all readers! In this article, I will explain Janabah bathing. People who have big hadas must do that. But he can’t do it carelessly. There are certain rules he must obey if he wants to do that. Of course, the goal is that the Janabah bath he does is valid.
Some of best information about Janabah bathing that I want to explain in this article are as follows;
A. Basic information about Janabah bathing.
B. Prophet Muhammad’s way in Janabah bathing.
Basic Information About Janabah Bathing
There are some basic things about Janabah bathing that we should know about. We can find information about that in the following hadiths;
عَنْ أَبِيْ هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ : قَالَ رَسُوْلُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : إِنَّ تَحْتَ كُلِّ شَعْرَةٍ جَنَابَةً ، فَاغْسِلُوْا الشَّعْرَ ، وَانْقُوْا الْبَشَرَةَ . رَوَاهُ أَبُوْ دَاوُدَ وَالتِّرْمِذِيُّ
From Abu Hurairah radliyallaahu ‘anhu, he said, “Allah’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam has said, “Indeed, under every hair there is a janabah. Wash your hair and clean the skin!” The hadith is narrated by Abu Daud and at-Tirmidhi.
عَنْ عَلِيٍّ بْنِ أَبِيْ طَالِبٍ رَضِيَ اللهُ قَالَ رَسُوْلُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ : مَنْ تَرَكَ مَوْضِعَ شَعْرَةٍ مِنْ جَنَابَةٍ فُعِلَ بِهَا كَذَا وَكَذَا فِيْ النَّارِ
From Ali ibn Abi Talib radliyallaahu ‘anhu, “Allah’s Messenger sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said, “Whoever has got the place of hair from janabah, then he will use this and like this in Hell.”
All Readers! The two hadiths above give us some important information about Janabah bathing. If we understand the two hadiths above, then we will know that water must reach the skin when we are bathing Janabah. If not, then our shower is invalid. If it is not legal, then we cannot pray and read Quran. That is why the Prophet Muhammad advised that we pay attention to it seriously.
As for some important information I mean as follows;
- We are required to wash all the bodies when we bathe; we must not leave even a single spot on skin that is not touched by water.
- We must eliminate something that can block water from reaching the skin. It could be that the barrier is in the form of hair, paint, dough, or other stain marks. We have to make sure of that.
Example of Prophet Muhammad’s Janabah Bathing
Prophet Muhammad is the best example of all things. Likewise, in terms of Janabah bathing. Now I will explain about how Prophet Muhammad do it? Note the following hadith!
عَنْ عَائِشَةَ رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُمَا قَالَتْ : كَانَ رَسُوْلُ اللهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِذَا اغْتَسَلَ مِنَ الْجَنَابَةِ يَبْدَأُ فَيَغْسِلَ يَدَيْهِ ثُمَّ يَفْرُغُ بِيَمِيْنِهِ عَلَى شِمَالِهِ فَيَغْسِلَ فَرْجَهُ ، ثُمَّ يَتَوَضَّأُ ، ثُمَّ يَأْخُذُ الْمَاءَ فَيُدْخِلُ أَصَابِعَهُ فِيْ أُصُوْلِ الشَّعْرِ ، ثُمَّ حَفَنَ عَلَى رَأْسِهَ ثَلَاثَ حَفَنَاتٍ ، ثُمَّ أَفَاضَ عَلَى سَائِرِ جَسَدِهِ ثُمَّ غَسَلَ رِجْلَيْهِ . مُتَّفَقٌ عَلَيْهِ
From Aisha radliallahu ‘anha, she said, “if the Messenger of Allah sallallaahu’ alaihi wa sallam bathes from the janaba, then he begins by washing his hands, then he takes precedence to wash his right hand from the left body then he washed his anus. Then he graduated. Then he took water and put his fingers into the base of the hair. Then he poured three hands of water three times. Then he drained water over all his bodies. Then he washed his hands. ” The hadith is narrated by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
All Readers! If we understand the above hadith, then we know that the way the Prophet Muhammad when he baths Janabah is as follows;
- He washed his hands first.
- After that he put first to wash his right body from the left. There is no description of any body. But I found a statement, that what was meant was a body washed and rubbed on ablution. That is, what is meant by the body in the hadith above are ears, hands and feet.
- After that he performed wudu.
- Then he made sure that the water he used for bathing had reached the base of the hair. He did that by inserting his fingers into the base of the hair.
- Then he poured water on all of his body.
- Finally, he washed his feet.
I think that’s enough of the best information about Janabah bathing. If there’s something you want to ask, please ask!
See you again!